Berlingo economy and MAF sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nick
My Cars:

Re: Berlingo economy and MAF sensor

Post by nick »

deian wrote:
The TDCi and the HDi are the same engine.
No some TDCi's are HDi's!.
The 1.4 and 1.6 TDCi ARE HDi's.
The old TDCi 2.0 used in the Mundano wasn't an HDi, it was a Ford engine.

ps :D I like the way "Mundano" is censored to "Non-Citroen" by the forum. Is that a recent thing?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

nick wrote: ps :D I like the way "Mundano" is censored to "Non-Citroen" by the forum. Is that a recent thing?
Guilty as charged m'Lud 8) I was devilishly playing around with the naughty word censor the other day :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

:D
deian

Post by deian »

nick wrote:
Common rail diesels do seem to stall more easily than older tech diesels though. The worst I have known in this respect was a Non-Citroen TDCi I used to drive - the HDi isn't bad in comparison!
deian wrote:
The TDCi and the HDi are the same engine.
nick wrote: No some TDCi's are HDi's!.
The 1.4 and 1.6 TDCi ARE HDi's.
The old TDCi 2.0 used in the Mundano wasn't an HDi, it was a Ford engine.

ps :D I like the way "Mundano" is censored to "Non-Citroen" by the forum. Is that a recent thing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Duratorq_engine

Looking at the engine's applications, that engine is used in both ford and citroen as hdi and tdci, as 1.4, 1.6, 2.0 and 2.2 at certain times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_HDi_engine.

You did say the a "Non-Citroen" TDCi, so unless you meant the older TDDi (dld) this wasn't a HDi engine no, but in 2005 it was a HDi/TDCi engine, which is what you said it was?
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

deian wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Duratorq_engine

Looking at the engine's applications, that engine is used in both ford and citroen as hdi and tdci, as 1.4, 1.6, 2.0 and 2.2 at certain times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_HDi_engine.

You did say the a "Non-Citroen" TDCi, so unless you meant the older TDDi (dld) this wasn't a HDi engine no, but in 2005 it was a HDi/TDCi engine, which is what you said it was?
I didn't actually say Non-Citroen in my original post, I used the naughty M-word and the forum subsequently changed it!

Sorry if I didn't really make clear what model Mundano I was talking about. It was actually a 51 reg mk3 TDCi 130. At that stage they were still using the 1998cc ZSD Ford engine, which used a Delphi fuel system completely different to that of the HDi.
It was only when the mk 4 was launched in 2007 that the 1997cc DW HDi-based engine began to be used in the Mundano.
deian

Post by deian »

Oh yes, that is true, this was towards the end of the ZSD engine run, but before the TDCi/HDi engine.

And in 2005 the HDi engine came in to join the 1.4 and 1.6 engine thatr ford used... something like that.

It's all confusing how they like to share parts, and work together and apply different parts to each others cars over different times.

It's great that we did not argue or fall out over this issue, as some would on other forums. That's cleared then. All just lack of detail. I like detail, makes the world a simpler place.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

deian wrote:It's great that we did not argue or fall out over this issue, as some would on other forums.
Yes, thats what I like about this site. I think this is the only forum I have been posting on for over 7 years!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

nick wrote:
deian wrote:It's great that we did not argue or fall out over this issue, as some would on other forums.
Yes, thats what I like about this site. I think this is the only forum I have been posting on for over 7 years!
Without a doubt one of the boards most outstanding features. Unlike so many of the others people act like adults here without stifling a bit of humour when it crops up.
deian

Post by deian »

myglaren wrote:stifling
Thats a good word! We like humour on here of course, as long as it doesn't belittle people.

We have the late AlanS to thank for setting the tone of this forum. And we all subconsciously agree that it should (or will) stay this way.