I fixed my Sunroof!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ekaftan
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2006 C5 II Exclusive V6
1996 Volvo 940

I fixed my Sunroof!

Post by ekaftan »

My new TurboCT is rapidly getting fixed. Today I installed the Sunroof motor, after spending US$40 getting it fixed. It had a broken plastic gear inside.

It now works perfectly...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: I fixed my Sunroof!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

ekaftan wrote:My new TurboCT is rapidly getting fixed. Today I installed the Sunroof motor, after spending US$40 getting it fixed. It had a broken plastic gear inside.

US$40 ?

So where are you based ?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Tell us more about it, mine seems to have the same problem. Was it necessary to strip down the roof lining.
ekaftan
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2006 C5 II Exclusive V6
1996 Volvo 940

Re: I fixed my Sunroof!

Post by ekaftan »

ACTIVE8 wrote:
ekaftan wrote:My new TurboCT is rapidly getting fixed. Today I installed the Sunroof motor, after spending US$40 getting it fixed. It had a broken plastic gear inside.

US$40 ?

So where are you based ?
I am in Santiago, Chile. We have a very big machine shop culture. You can get almost anything mechanical reproduced in bronze. I removed the motor thru the opening where the IR receiver is. Its just 3 torx screws and some contorsions.

I tried the motor outside and it was locked solid. I took it to the shop and the guy said 'Another Peugeot Sunroof motor! I've done a lot this year. US$40. Come back in two days'.Two days later he gave me back my motor with its rivets replaced by bolts and nuts and a large plastic gear that was broken in two.

An hour of contorsions to put it back on again (most of the problem is putting back the relay with the motor hanging without getting the headliner dirty) and its back again working.