Thoughts please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pleiades
My Cars:

Thoughts please

Post by Pleiades »

Hi Guys.

First, sorry if this is seen as blatent advertising, but I have a new product out and since about half of the worlds Xantia owners hang around on this forum from time to time, I would appreciate some comments.

Its a new pipe to go from the pump to regulator on the Xantia, the idea being that it can be a quick replacement for the original and better as it will not crack and leak, so it's a fit and forget job.

If it proves popular, I will make some for the later type Xantia regulator with the fine thread 12mm pipe fitting, but they will have to prove themselfs first as I have to get 50 at a time made up and they are not cheap to make.

For a cheap worldwide add, I have stuck one on ebay to see if it generates any interest, link if interested....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0260697836

Any feedback will be most welcome. (good or bad)

Regards
Martin.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It strikes me Martin, that you have come up with something we've all been patiently waiting for :D Considerably cheaper than the genuine item as well!

Next, replacement Activa Rams perhaps? That'll make some of us on here exceedingly happy!!!

You say it won't fit all Xantias. This is not clear in your ebay listing and it might be a good thought to give an indication of which it is sutiable for and perhaps also a note of the ones it won't fit. You know what'll happen - someone will buy one, find it does not fit and then leave bad feedback :(

I think you should also give one to every suitable Xantia owning member of the forum for long-term testing :wink: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

Hello Jim.

Thanks for pointing that out, the listing has now been revised.

I did think about the long term testing :lol: , but unfortunatly, this has been done on my own battletank Xantia estate, this is why they have taken soooo long to produce, I have had one on test on the Xantia for about 8 months and on our test rigs for years, so we know that they will be fine for use.

Regards
Martin.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Brilliant idea Martin.

I could have used several for my Mk1 XMs about 10 years ago! I would think that this will probably fit the XM as well, its basically the same block and I think everything is in more or less the same place, I don't suppose that you have tried one have you?

Peter.N.
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

Hi Peter.

It will fit the XM with the Xantia style pump (with anti sink)

I can now of course make these pipes to any length and with whatever ends the car needs, but this will take a little longer as I have to get them crimped in batches of minimums, so any different pipes would have to be sent in with the next batch.

Jim Metioned it being cheaper than the Citroen pipe, I have no idea what the Citroen pipe costs as we base our prices on material, time costs etc rather than what we think it's worth.

Any idea what the Citroen pipe costs, I imagined it to be about £15 or so?

Regards
Martin.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I was getting all confused Martin. Sorry, yes, the pipe in question is around £15. I was under the impression Citroen wanted a really silly price for it until I had a look on service.citroen.com.

I was mistakenly thinking it was a replacement for the PAS supply pipe :oops: That one is seriously expensive at over £200.

Another pipe that is expensive from Citroen is the flexible front strut supply pipes for Hydractive models. Those are nearly £73. Would you be able to produce those if there was demand?

As your replacement is for a very critical pipe, yours is well worth it despite being a tad more expensive than the plain pipe. I'd not hesitate to replace one of mine if it failed with your improved one.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...