Xsara problems??!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

senna

Xsara problems??!!

Post by senna »

first of all hello :) :)

this is my first post :)

i bought car about a month ago...and first problem with my Xsara VTS '02 1.6 16v :)

acctually it's a minor probleb but so annoying :)

it's a display...the bottom half of a display is completely dead, and about 30% of lines on upper half is dead too ( see it on pic )...

is there any way to fix this because in my country is hard to find any Citroen breakers for used parts...

and second problem is with my CD changer...i cant select any cd's??? everythingh is connected and when i put the discs in i can hear a motor running but i cant select anything with SRC button except radio and cassate...does this radio have CD changer support at all :)

nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Hi,

Your radio looks identical to mine, which has a CD changer fitted as standard. I wonder if the CD changer needs to be configured in the BSI to work?
Which country are you in? It might be worth seeing if anyone on ebay breaking a Xsara would be prepared to post a display abroad to you. It will need to be from a VTS or SX to be the right type.
senna

Post by senna »

well unforunatly...i am in Serbia :( and i think that no one would like to send a display to me :( i found some displays on various ebay sites but i tried earlier to get something for Mondeo on ebay and..no luck :(

can u explain this to me "I wonder if the CD changer needs to be configured in the BSI to work" ???how to do that
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Welcome to the forums senna.

Don't despair, if anyone has the required parts I'm 100% certain that they would be as happy to send them to Serbia as anywhere.

I'm afraid that I can't help personally but I'm sure someone will, sooner or later.

Try putting your request in the "For Sale And Wanted" forum too where it might attract more attention.

can u explain this to me "I wonder if the CD changer needs to be configured in the BSI to work" ???how to do that
In some cars, electronic equipment won't work without being integrated into the BSI (management computer).
Generally this is a job for a dealer with proper diagnostic equipment (like citrojim's magic Lexia).
senna

Post by senna »

well...i sure hope so...

it's just a waste for that display...i cant see any radio station properly...and non of the information...i presume that it have AC info on, clock, automatic lights thing :), door open warning, consumption etc. because i have all that and i cant see it :( :(

that BSI...there is no way to do cd changer-radio synchro myself???
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

senna wrote: that BSI...there is no way to do cd changer-radio synchro myself???
Unfortunately not :(
Fitting an aftermarket radio/cd might be an easier option if you can't get access to a Lexia.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

For an LCD display it may also be worth asking in the Wanted section here;

http://www.cxoc.net/
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Your problem of the CD changer not working could be caused by the faulty multi function display, the display the master ECU for the radio & CD changer. the changer feature must be programed into both the BSI and the multifunction display. you need to bear this in mind if you get a 2nd hand one.
senna

Post by senna »

wow gotta love this car :) :) can u chandge wheel without reprograming a computer :) :) :)

so the point is : if i want to make changer work, gotta reprogram computer @ Citroen (probably expensive), and if i find a second hand, or new display i will also have to do the reprograming with Citroen...and i was wonderin why the car was relativily chep to buy :) :) :)
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Welcome to our troubles, senna ! :mrgreen:

Familiar sight looking like a display-only fault, often caused by the heat.
The display would need accessing, and the rubbery contact strip carefully cleaned and realigned.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
senna

Post by senna »

i kinda like this problems because it gives me opportunity to take parts on and off the car :) :) how wierd is that :) :) :)

i have teken off the display and everything in there looks ok...but when i took dipley out an cut off it's power and try for some 5 min to fix it when i put it ack there;s a yellow key bulb goes on in the dash??? so i kinda scared not to f#$k something up...so i had put it back!!!
senna

Post by senna »

ok guys...can i take this diplay completily off and than try to fix lines myself or carry it to someone who can try to fix this like they fix dead lines on mobile phones or somthing like that...can i take it off without danger to computer or something (i told you that when it was off that yellow key light stayed on for a while on the dash )???!!!
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

The missing text on the display could be a break in the ribbon cable or more likely a dry / cracked solder joint.

If you take the display to pieces get yourself a good magnifying glass & carefully inspect the solder joints.

If you see any joints that look anything like >>THIS<< that could be your problem, & these will have to be resoldered.

Cheers.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
senna

Post by senna »

ok thnx uncle :) :) i will try that...but can i take the display off and inspect it without danger to see that yellow key light again on tha dash...i dont know , its my first ever citro :) so???
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Yes, you can; the key light won’t find out that the display only is disconnected.
The display proper has like carbon tracks in a rubber block going into it, and segments of the display go amiss when the contact isn’t good.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389