Another battle won

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Another battle won

Post by Stempy »

Victory is mine once again. AX now has new discs and pads and is stopping how it should.

Got myself a pin punch from Half*rds and a set of new pins from Euro. Pin punch lasted for three pins but broke on the fourth so I fabricated my own with a lenghth of steel rod using a bench grinder to get it to the right diameter. (Half*rds have since exchanged the pin punch for a new one). Much beating later all pins were out and new parts were fitted with liberal amounts of copperease.

Calipers and pistons were in good nick and slid freely, so that was one blessing. So it's off to Dunsfold tomorrow for the Wings And Wheels Day.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

good job done then, i personaly would have asked for my money back from HALFRAUDS, i certainly would not have entertained another of what prooved to be TTT (toy town tools)
regards malcolm
evildiesels
My Cars:

Post by evildiesels »

citronut wrote:HALFRAUDS,
Haha, classic, sounds like you guys have the same sort of outfits we have over here, we got one called Repco, most call it Ripco, overpriced and most of their sh!t is manufactured from drop forged solder
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Halfrauds actually do do some quite good tools. Their professional range is not expensive, good quality and has a lifetime guarantee on everything.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

there pin punches dont seem to be suitable for the job they are sold for, although i have been told some of there tools a quite good

regards malcolm