c5 V6 - can't move auto gear lever out of park - help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bakepl

c5 V6 - can't move auto gear lever out of park - help please

Post by bakepl »

Hi, new to french cars and picked up a 2002 C5 V6 auto couple of months ago 103000klm. Driving well but this morning I started it up and can't get it out of Park. I can hear the solanoid disengage the gear lever when I put my foot on the brake and I can then move the leaver from Park and to the right BUT I can't then move it down to reverse?

Releasing my foot off the brake locks it again in Park. Tried again and again putting my foot on the brake and it always releases from Park and you can move it to the right but not into reverse? Any HELP would certainly be appreciated.... stuck in the garage........

Many thanks regards Paul
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

On the Xantia, you can lift the cover over the selector mechanism, and then I think you can remove the interlock mechanism. It would be worth taking a look.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you can manually release the lever if you remove the gearlever surround but as the solenoid can be heard i dont think this is the problem. may be a siezed cable assembly. disconect the cable from the gearbox end & check that the solenoid is disengaging then see if it moves.