Citaerobics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bren
My Cars:

Citaerobics

Post by Bren »

Whilst performing the above the stop light / handbrake light illuminated a couple of times while the car was rising to its highest position - it did extinguish eventually. The float indicates the fluid level is normal. Incidentally, I have just returned from my annual holiday to Devon and on the M5/M6 part of the trip the brakes did'nt feel as sharp as normal, I put this down to "fade" as I was using them a lot. Any ideas?
96'Xantia 1.9 td estate
93'gsxr- 750
85' Rover 3500 (work in progress)
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

The stop light illuminating when the suspension is rising from the bottom is not unusual.

I have not experienced brake fade on a Xantia, but they do feel a bit odd (but not like conventional brakes) if there is air in a line.

Try bleeding the brakes.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

xantia_v6 wrote: Try bleeding the brakes.
I find that regular bleeds, especially the rears, are an essential part of Xantia routine maintenance to keep the brakes in top shape.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...