Front seat repair

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

den169
My Cars:

Front seat repair

Post by den169 »

Just noticed the sponge in my drivers seat in the c5 estate is disintigrating does anyone know a place that can repair them,Iv'e rung the local citroen dealers and been told it only comes with the seat cover at wait for it,£280 plus vat what a joke.Have to look for a damaged one at a breakers.Oh i'm in Bradford yorkshire.
ianrobbo
My Cars:

Post by ianrobbo »

I would have thought any good upholsterers should be able to do this - try having a look in your local yellow pages, I bet someone advertises auto upholstery.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Mine is doing the same too. I'm also in Bradford. Do you think the two things are related?

I'm not rushing to get the seat repaired, it is still comfortable and the car has cost a lot recently with exhaust, brakes, tyres, droplinks, MOT and insurance!
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Must be a Bradford thing then Ben.I'm going to take the seat cover off and try and get some sponge in there to help,Its a shame cos the car is in excellent condition.I'll just have to keep checking the breakers yards till one turns up.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

I would be tempted to remove the cover, cut some sponge to shape and glue it in, once covered up you'll never know...
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;