yet another synergie problem, 1.9td XUD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyorks
My Cars:

yet another synergie problem, 1.9td XUD

Post by martyorks »

I have been without a fuel gauge for some time now, i have disconnected the connection under the floor, and tested with a suitable device for a positive to earth as this should send the gauge to full, but the connection has not any life at all,

what could be the next thing to do,

thanks in advance.

martin,
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Martin,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Synergie electrics. Is the gauge energised when you switch on the ignition, ie does it move at all, or is it completely dead? Are any other gauges affected?

Gammy
martyorks
My Cars:

Post by martyorks »

hi, it does flicker a little, and the warning light comes on, many thanks
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Martin,

I had something similar happen to me last year after my Synergie had been in for repairs at a garage. The Temp gauge refused to operate correctly. it would energise on ignition but would refuse to function properly when driving ( there is a thread on here somewhere which goes into more detail ). It cleared itself on the last day of my summer hols in France when the battery went flat. I tried to start the car but there was not enough power in the battery to turn the engine, but I could hear all the relays dotted around the car chattering away like mad things. Once I'd got hold of some jump leads and started the car I noticed that the temp gauge was working properly again and has continued to do so ever since. I likened it to 'Citearobics' for the electrical system. I'm not sure how you could easily recreate this scenario though.

Gammy.
martyorks
My Cars:

Post by martyorks »

Right i took the leads off the battery and shorted them with a light bulb, then joined them together, waited half hur, retested but nothing,

Does the fuel sender/gauge run off a relay or fuse,

if neither im going to purchase a second hand dash,

thanks
martin,