98 Xantia TDI - Brake calliper torx bolts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

evildiesels
My Cars:

98 Xantia TDI - Brake calliper torx bolts

Post by evildiesels »

Hi guys, I have to do one of the CV joints soon, does anyone know the exact torx bit required for removing the callipers??
evildiesels
My Cars:

Post by evildiesels »

Damm, I should have used the search function - think I found it -
RichardW wrote:It's a bit late now possibly, but you need a T55 Torx bit to remove the calliper carrier before you can remove the discs. Best to know this before you have the brakes stripped down and need to go to Halfords! Make sure the calliper bolts are well cleaned, and the bit well fitted, before attempting to undo them - they are tight and mashing the heads is not a very good idea :roll:
Can anyone confirm this is correct??

cheers
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Yes it is, Torx 55.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
evildiesels
My Cars:

Post by evildiesels »

Cheers mate, I'll grab one tomorrow while im out getting the parts.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you dont usualy need to remove the calliper whilst replaceing a CV boot, you just undo the hub nut, unhook the hand brake cable, split the lower swivle joint, and track rod end, now you can pull the bottom of the leg outwards to disengadge the drive shaft from the hub, at tjhis point if the gaitor is split wide open i would knock the CV joint off to strip it down to clean it out, but if its only got a very small hole and you have access to a fitting cone you can just by one of those stretchy CV boots and slide it on over the cone

regards malcolm
evildiesels
My Cars:

Post by evildiesels »

Cheers Malcom, I've never done one and a quick squiz underneath I saw the torx bolts and knew I didn't have a bit that size, I think I'll grab one while out anyway just in case I need it one day - thanks for the help :D