Time taken to rise...?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Time taken to rise...?

Post by vince »

Guys, just curious. How long does it take your mid 90's model Xantia to rise from "park" to "drive" level? Aka from lowest to mid height.

Mine takes 1 minute 20 seconds almost all the time if parked for a few hours.....

Yours?

Vince
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's about normal on an anti-sink Vince. It does seem to take forever and can be quite alarming if compared with an older "sinking" Xantia which rises incredibly quickly in comparason.

It's all to do with the pump. because an anti-sink generally does not have to perform the same big rise as a sinker has to do at the start of the day, the pump has a very much lower output. it uses two of its pistons to operate the suspension/brakes whilst the remaining six power the PAS. In contrast, the sinkers had a much more powerful 7 (I think) piston pump that operated everything but with priority going to the brakes and suspension, hence a very quick rise.

The important thing is how long your STOP light takes to go out (10-15 seconds roughly normal) and how often your regulator ticks. It should tick at no more than 30s intervals and ideally very considerably longer. A very short tick rate indicates a flat accumulator.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Hi Vince,

If you've lowered the suspension completely with the lever it will take a long time as Jim says - approximately 1 minute 30 of idling to lift.

However if you mean you've just left the car parked at the normal height setting, as you would normally do, it shouldn't take anywhere near that long - it should be under 30 seconds.

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Cheers boys....seems mine is in good fettle :)

It performs faultlessly to be honest...just wondered if it might be a bit lazy getting up.

When parked at normal ride height it does stay level for a short while then settles. When you get back in though it corrects itself within about 20 seconds.

Cant wait for a show to come.....its looking quite nice now, just the rusty old towbar holding it back :roll:
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

Time taken to rise...?
That's a bit personal, fella. But being young, I'd say like a Xantia that's just been hydraflushed. :lol:
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007