What effects the Power Steering on a Xantia?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Well fitted the belt and new idler pulley and even though its up to tension whenever the engine self revs during idling(IE Rough idling) you can watch the belt flex a good bit even though its as tight as i would want it when tensioning it up.

It has cured the heavey steering a fair amount as it feels like it used to, nice and smooth and very nicely.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Pleased it's all good again KP :D
KP wrote:Well fitted the belt and new idler pulley and even though its up to tension whenever the engine self revs during idling(IE Rough idling) you can watch the belt flex a good bit even though its as tight as i would want it when tensioning it up.
So long as it's under good tension, I'd not worry overly, it shows the spring tensioner is doing what it should be doing.

The acid test is that it does not slip when under heavy load (i.e. Alternator charging hard and the A/C switched on).
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Well it didnt slip while rolling upto a roundabout in nuetral at about 40mph earlier with the AC on and the lights on and rear demister :)

Cheers again guys :)