Don't buy a CAT in France!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

There were a few threads in the Activanet forum about suppliers of de-catted exhaust pipes, to fit as a replacement for duff cats, especially as cats are a restriction on exhaust flow and therefore power output. It would not be difficult to make up a pipe as it is straight with just the swaged couplings at both or one end. You could even cut out the old cat and weld in a section of straight tube. :)

Only downside is at MOT time as it would be an instant failure not to have a cat fitted. However, I do have a cunning plan that I am fitting to my early MK1 Activa, which will remove the restriction of the catalyzer but still give me the correct emissions readings. Will let you know if it works. 8)

Handyman
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

There were a few threads in the Activanet forum about suppliers of de-catted exhaust pipes, to fit as a replacement for duff cats, especially as cats are a restriction on exhaust flow and therefore power output. It would not be difficult to make up a pipe as it is straight with just the swaged couplings at both or one end. You could even cut out the old cat and weld in a section of straight tube. Smile

Only downside is at MOT time as it would be an instant failure not to have a cat fitted
Not on a diesel, which was the subject of the post.
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hi Lol, if it is a diesel, you do not need a catalytic converter, well spotted.

Handyman