2 Probs - Stalling and Keys

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AuntyJean
My Cars:

2 Probs - Stalling and Keys

Post by AuntyJean »

This is the first time I have used this forum. I bought a second hand Xantia (M reg SX 2.0i)in June 2002 and apart from a slight problem with the suspension which I had fixed, I had no problems until one day I noticed all this coloured liquid running out from underneath the car.
I paid a guy to fix it - the receipt says 'supply and fit new suspension pipe.... Ever since she has been stalling when I change gear. This doesn't happen everytime I start her - sometimes she runs OK.
The guy who did the pipe had a look but said I'd need to have her looked at by a Citroen dealer. Someone else suggested I just try changing the air filter. So, I bought a new one yesterday but unsure if it is the right one. Is my car 16 valve? How do I tell? I presume it is easy enough to fit (if not will get brother-in-law to do it).
Does anyone have any ideas what else could cause this intermittent stalling?
My second problem is there was only one key when I bought her and it is broken so the remote doesn't work. I don't have the key code. Can I replace the key or buy another one? If so, how much are they?
Regards
Jean