Air flow slider, Xantia.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Robbie

Air flow slider, Xantia.

Post by Robbie »

The air flow slider on my Xantia (98 new shape), the one that changes the flow from outside the car to in or circulate the air inside the car all the time has suddenly come loose I mean it just slides back and forward with no resistance, I didn’t feel anything snap it just felt like it came loose. Is it attached to a cable that could have snapped, or is it a linkage that a screw may have come undone? Do I have to take the whole dash out or is there another way?
Robbie.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

there are metal clips that are prone to popping off that sit at the end of the plastic part of the cable.it depends what end has come off.if you take out the ashtray,radio surround & radio you should be able to get the controll panel partially out & have a look.if its the other end you will have to take off the carpet panels under the dash & have a look from there.
lozian
My Cars:

Post by lozian »

Hi Robbie,
I had the same problem and traced it to the cable bending over at the slider control end, near where the cable is gripped to stop the outer moving. Accessible by taking off the radio cover, ashtray etc. until you can get the slider assembly clear and turned round to see the back of it. Careful with the other cables which are attached. Discovered one strand of cable had broken which was not allowing the cable to go back into the sheath, hence bending over. Removed the offending strand, straightened the cable, and is now working O.K. Might be other end of course which is more difficult to get in to. Check if the plate will turn by hand which might give you a clue as to where it is jammed or cable broken. You can see the plate and the cable coming in, if you look up at right hand side of heater motor towards the bottom of the windscreen. You will have to remove the carpet type cover under the dash.
Lozian.