clutch kits

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

geome1
My Cars:

clutch kits

Post by geome1 »

IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VALEO AND LUK CLUTCHES WHICH IS
BETTER?
GEORGE
citrofia
My Cars:

Post by citrofia »

There's probably not a great deal of difference, but you don't want to have to do a clutch twice. I'd use the Valeo for peace of mind, damm the expense!
roscopervis
My Cars:

Post by roscopervis »

I believe that the Luk clutches are guaranteed so that if they fail anytime after they have been fitted, for the lifetime of the car, then you get a replacement.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

I bought a recon one for my XM - saved me about 100 pounds. Unfortunately, clutch pedel sometimes wouldn't come back up after changing gear, I think the diaphragm spring wasn't strong enough. Couldn't face changing it again, so learnt to live with it but looking back, I would have bought an original.
You REALLY don't want to do it twice, especially on a V6 XM.
ZX D
XM V6 Sei
err... and a Vauxhall.
geome1
My Cars:

Post by geome1 »

what is an original clutch on a citroen I have just removed the clutch on my bx diesel fitted since new 93000 miles and have found
it to be a LUK clutch made in Germany.
George
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Answer to that one is whoever supplied the cheapest that month. All manufacturers second source components so that if the supplier burns down, goes bust or on strike, they have a backup plan. Peugeots of the late seventies had three sources of parts for brakes, I remember. The trauma of obtaining the right bits for a 304 put me off French cars for 20 years.