1999 Synergie, help please, online pdf manual??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyorks
My Cars:

1999 Synergie, help please, online pdf manual??

Post by martyorks »

Ive just purchased a 1999 1.9 td synergie, just a few problems that i need a bit of help on please,

the fuel gauge(warning light illuminated)but needle dead, and rev counter doesnt work, nor the clock in the middle if that what it is, ive checked all the fuses,

And is the long pin in the sliding door handle a dealer part as one has snapped?

Ive searched the web for an online manual, is there anywhere i can download one?

Thanks in advance,

Martin
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Martin - every single bit is available as spare part. Pick one :

*07*
9151.L5 REMOT CTRL ROD LEFT
- SINCE RPO No. 07553 OPENING INT
9151.L6 RIGHT
- SINCE RPO No. 07553 OPENING INT
*08*
9157.F8 LOCK-OUT PIN LEFT
9157.F9 RIGHT
*12*
9151.L7 REMOT CTRL ROD LEFT
- SINCE RPO No. 07553 CLOSING INT
9151.L8 RIGHT
- SINCE RPO No. 07553 CLOSING INT
*14*
9151.L9 DOOR LOCK ROD
*15*
9151.L1 REMOT CTRL ROD LEFT
- SINCE RPO No. 07553 OPENING EXT
9151.L2 RIGHT
- SINCE RPO No. 07553 OPENING EXT
*19*
9151.L3 01 REMOT CTRL ROD LEFT
- SINCE RPO No. 07553 CLOSING EXT
9151.L4 RIGHT
- SINCE RPO No. 07553 CLOSING EXT

Might help with a reference schematic :wink:

PS : Later Citroen models parts information is available from http://service.citroen.com/.
Hence the lack of available pdf parts list on the web.
You need to register to get a password for access - its a free service.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome to the forum Martin :D

The fuel gauge problem is more than likely to be the sender unit in the fuel tank. If it's anything like the Xantia, it's easy to get to. Under the back seat you should find a big plastic bung and under there you'll find the ends of the fuel feed pipes and the electrical connections for the sender unit. The unit itself, along with the fuel pickup filter etc. is held to the top of the tank by a big threaded ring. Undo the big ring and the whole shebang just lifts out. Before doing that, have a check of the electrical connection plug on to of the sender unit, you never know, it could be just a bad connection.

Sometimes the sender unit suffers a punctured float or a film of dirt on the track. It's worth having it out, having a look at the float, checking the mechanism and giving the unit a clean-up.

Likewise the tacho. It is driven via the engine ECU and picks up its signal from the TDC and Needle Lift sensors, either of which may be faulty or suffering bad connections although generally if either sensor is out of action, engine running suffers and often the engine management light illuminates. Break the connectors to both the needle lift sensor and the TDC sensors and give them a clean. The TDC sensor is on top of the bellhousing and has a brown connector usually and the needle lift sensor is inside No.3 injector and has a black connector about six inches away from it - follow the thin wire from the injector.

If the above is not the problem, and given that the fuel gauge, tacho and clock is not working, you may well have a problem in the instrument cluster or associated wiring. It may be worth pulling the cluster out if all else fails and check all the multi-way connectors are firmly in place.

If all that fails to fix it, come back for a bit more guidance...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
martyorks
My Cars:

Post by martyorks »

Thanks for the tips jim,

I

I have cleaned the electrical connection from underneath and it's clean and ok,

I have taken the seats out yesterday as they needed a good valeting, so im basically left with and empty car, so i will lift the carpet out tomorrow evening and see if i can access the tank, is the sender unit a easy to find replacement or a dealer part?

thanks
Martin
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Im pretty sure accessing the sender on a synergie is a tank down job, dont think there is an access hole.
Seems like a bit of a coincidence all 3 items in the same unit inop, id be looking for a missing feed or earth to the instrument panel.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi again Martin -

There are no pins available separately for the door handles - except the lock control rods.
Click the thumbnail and please identify exactly which part you need the pin for - as chances are you can get it from another forum member.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image