Peugeot 206

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

newmezuk04

Peugeot 206

Post by newmezuk04 »

I'm afraid to say that my mezuk04 tag has decided to stop working again so I've created another variant :lol:.

Ok, so my little sister is looking at buying her first car (as above) around the 1999/2000 year before the hdi's were put in, with a budget of £2k, but would prefer for her to spend around the £1200 to £1500 if needed.

Her insurance is cheaper on a diesel which would offset the cost difference with the diesel more expensive at the pump and hopefully more miles in a tank from steady driving.

It seems more sense for her to have a 1.9D as shes use to that from the ZX but whatcar says that the diesel is the one to avoid, does this mean that the car doesnt have the great XUD and that it has a lesser quality engine in it, or is it suggesting to avoid the D and get a HDI?

In September she will be doing about 40 miles a day so is she best off with the petrol (1.1, 1.4 or 1.6) or stick with the diesel (xud?).

Also what are the real things she should be looking at, she will be viewing cars during the week with mother as shes not at work and I am so in simple terms what car I write on a list for her to look at (and shes not that knowledgeable with cars either).

Of course I want her to have a car thats cheaper to buy, not a huge amount of miles (petrols available with 65k up to 95k and diesels at 100k), cheaper to run in terms of fuel (price/mpg) and one that will hopefully not go to wrong and be cheapest to maintain.

Regards
Chris
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Please post all replies to this topic is Chris's identical post in the Peugeot forum here

(I'd have moved this topic but can't becuse an identical topic already exists in the Peugeot forum :roll: So I have locked it.)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...