PISSSSCASO DUALMASS PULLY

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

PISSSSCASO DUALMASS PULLY

Post by citronut »

what a piece of junk, my freind came to me with one heck of a clatter on his pissssscso HDI, turned out to be the dualmass cranck pully had all but collapsed, that was a close call,

whilst i was down there i fitted a timming belt kit and water pump, the old cam belt was well over due (startting to deteriarate and gone very hard) ,

i bought the bits from GSF they do a cheap pully for 30 odd squide and a dearer one for just over 70, i went for thr dearer one, but have since enquired at my local dealer who say 170 squide pluss the dreaded (-expletive removed-), he also said they sell an aufull lot of them and quite a few of them to the local pug dealer whose price is 15 squide more than theres,

i also replaced the crank sprocket as the old one had about 1/4 of an inch play when rotatting it for and back, but it turnd out the new one was the same,

the reason decided to buy the new one appart from theb play was, with the locking pegs in the cam sprocket and flywheel i fitted the new tensioner, jocky and cam belt, took out the pegs rotated the engine rwo turns, fitted the cam locking peg but the flywheel peg would not go home, even with rocking the cranck slightly for and back,

so with the new sprocket on and flywheel peg in again i just rotatedthe sprocket rear wards as far as it would go and then the cranck untill the belt droppt into place on the sprocket, then rotated the engine two turns again this time both pegs went home as they should,

i asked the owner if the car did not have the go it should have before i did the job, he said he had thought it was a bit slow on tack off, also another indy cit mechanic had told him it was very flat,

i will ask him tomorow when he collects the car to let me know if it goes any better

regards malcolm
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Well done Malcolm !

I'm pretty sure this your customer will be back with a happy smile on his face - as this pissssasssco must be quite a nip faster now 8)
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image