This radio of mine

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C.J.
My Cars:

This radio of mine

Post by C.J. »

Is the standard radio / casette fitted as original equipment in the Xantia meant to be absolute carp, or is mine just a 'duffer'?
Aerial appears to be ok, and everything else seems to work normally.

Local stations i can normally listen to in any of the rest of 'the fleet', seem to fade away very easily. Radio 2 seems ok though.
I really don't want to change it for one of these modern fiddly buttoned cd all singing and dancing jobbies, as I'm currently enjoying all my old cassetes again, being the old git that i am...apparently/alledgedly. :roll:

Prevents the kids from playing their modern trashy cd's too! YIPEE! The radio is my domain in the Xantia. 8)
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I've always been impressed with the stock radio and speakers of the Xantia (SX model anyway).

Have you checked the aerial connector at the back of the radio incase it isn't seated properly?
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I think the aerials are too short on Xantias. I replaced both mine with the longer type, which improved matters greatly. Mine came from Renaults but various French cars of the era had them.

It's fiddly but straightforward to do. You have to remove the sunvisors and pull the roof lining down carefully. It's an 8mm nut and some of them are in a little "can" but it's easy to ping the lid off. There's no need to change the cable.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

I've found the standard units are very good, at least in the Mk1. The standard LX fit 3030 didnt quite have enough ommph for my ipod but never had a problem with reception and its replacement 4030 is plenty loud enough, the quality is also very good for a standard set up.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;