Project Xantia *update 3* - The final chapter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sturdybloke

Project Xantia *update 3* - The final chapter

Post by Sturdybloke »

Hey all :) Been a while since I was last on the forum so I thought that I would bring you up to speed, and its going to upset some

My old Xantia, the 93 TD in Astral blue is no more :cry: Due to the problems with it I had to draw a line somewhere and after the rear suspension going beserk a few months ago I had a bit of time away from it to decide what to do. After blowing the engine on the Volvo (long story....) I decided that the Xant just had to go to make space for the ovlov to go into my lockup to be repaired. I ended up breaking the car up for spares and removing the totally rebuilt engine, complete interior, various parts of the electrics, front spheres and the front end. I had to let the rebuilt front suspension go with the car as it had to be rolled away on the end of a rope (this made me fuming :evil: :evil: :evil: ) and the year old rear spheres.

This really hurt after pouring so much money, time and parts into the car and when we took it to the weighbridge and seeing that huge mechanical claw yank my poor old Xant onto a scrapheap I nearly cried.

However, my old Xant did not give up its life for nothing and I salvaged a lot of usefull parts to go on my NEW 8) Xantia. Yep bitten by the Cit bug and as we need a car I went out and bought another Xantia. Its a 97 1.9TD and its another Sx. In dark met grey its done 160k. 4 prev owners and its had a new clutch and gearbox fitted 4k ago. Got the odd scratch and dent but its not to bad. Dont like the colour much but its a great project car as its already on the road with a couple of months T&T. Someone has fitted early VSX alloys to it and a discrete rear spoiler. Picked it up today and spent all afternoon cleaning it and ripping out the horrid interior and putting in my early Sx grey/red fleck interior. Just thought I would bring everyone up to speed. Pictures to follow tomorrow

Cheers everyone - Craig.
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

Here you are -

The much improved interior 8)

And we start again :D
Last edited by Sturdybloke on 18 Jun 2008, 23:35, edited 2 times in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Good work Craig :D It looks really clean and smart.

I was sad to see an early Mk1 die but it's good to see its death was not by any means in vain..

I guess your smart new Xantia had the horrid Alcantara interior as my estate did. It looks great when new but can wear out before your very eyes whereas the interior you have in now lasts for ever. I have the same in my early MK1 and it looks as good after 190,000 odd miles as it did when new and still comfy too.

I ditched my Alcantara and went for leather. My car smells like a shoe shop on a warm day now :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Hi Craig.

Good to see you're sticking with Citroens although a moment's pause
for mourning the passing of the s1 electric blue one!! Was it's odd panel
the same colour as the new purchase!? :D

Bet with today's weather you miss the sunroof mind!! I think the new
one looks a nice colour - quite an unusual one too; dark colours do
suit the Xantia's shape very well. What are the new car's strut tops
like as you'll likely regret letting the blue one go with the replacement
one's you fitted still attached...

I know, sorry, I'll shut up!

All the best, see you around,
Andrew
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

citrojim wrote:I guess your smart new Xantia had the horrid Alcantara interior as my estate did. It looks great when new but can wear out before your very eyes whereas the interior you have in now lasts for ever.
Thats it, the dark grey Alcantara. after 160K the seats looked like they had lost to much weight to quick and have stretch marks :?

Bet your estate smells like a cobblers shop with the leather seats. I removed the leather rimmed wheel off the 93 car and its now on the new one :lol:
andmcit wrote:Good to see you're sticking with Citroens although a moment's pause
for mourning the passing of the s1 electric blue one!! Was it's odd panel
the same colour as the new purchase!?
Hey Andrew :D

No the old car had a green/grey coloured door, this new one is a dark gunmetal grey. TBH dont like the colour much - Astral blue is a better colour
andmcit wrote:Bet with today's weather you miss the sunroof mind!! I think the new
one looks a nice colour - quite an unusual one too; dark colours do
suit the Xantia's shape very well. What are the new car's strut tops
like as you'll likely regret letting the blue one go with the replacement
one's you fitted still attached...
As to the sunroof - stuck in a dark coloured car with no sunroof and aircon that needs regassing = warm place to be :lol:

The front mounts on the new car - N/S not to bad, O/S :shock: Have to get that done soon. Not at all happy about leaving the old mounts on the car. But ho hum we had to roll it away.
andmcit wrote:Good to see you're sticking with Citroens although a moment's pause
for mourning the passing of the s1 electric blue one!!
Had to buy another Xantia :D But as you say a moments silence :cry:

Cheers all - Craig.