Xantia Activa radio code input

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Activamadness

Xantia Activa radio code input

Post by Activamadness »

Hi,
recently bought a 99 Activa, and am steadily coming to terms with what I have done!!
The radio is a standard fit clarion unit, with a cd stacker in the boot.
I have the code, but no idea of the sequence of inputing it.
I did try, and now, instead of 4 dashes across the radio screen, I have 4 dashes, with another 4 underneath!
I am wondering if this means the set is code locked, and if so, how do you un code lock it!
Also, any instruction on how to input the code would be gratefully received, as of course, the radio manual is missing from the car!
Thanks
Jonathan
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

You need to get it to ask for CODE. I disconnected battery and when hooked up again it asked for code. Standard radio you enter code from left to right. First number press first button the number of times to equal your first digit. Second third and fourth the same.....then press 6 to lock it in.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Double dashes do indeed indicate a code lockout. The good news is it's only a matter of patience. Once a certain amount of with-ignition-on-continuous time has passed you should be able to request it to ask for CODE by pushing a(I think it's the TONE) button. Then enter the code (1-6) and if it's correct you'll have unlocked it.

Maybe there are differences in radio models but that's how it works for mine.
Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Post by Quackers »

I had to put the Radio Code back in my 2000 Activa yesterday after disconnecting the battery, and its the same as yours, with the CD Changer. You just enter the code. So if its 3245, you press 3245 using the CD Change buttons, then wait 2 seconds and the radio should then kick in.

If yours is not doing that, somthing is wrong.
Activamadness

Post by Activamadness »

Thanks for the info, I left the radio switched on for a couple of hours, and hey presto, the double dashes had gone.
I reentered the code, using the right buttons this time!
I now have music!
Now for the other million things to do on the car.........................!

Jon
Keith J

Post by Keith J »

I can't seem to get my radio working and have been without music since just before Christmas.

Mr Clutch changed my clutch in late December 2007 and the radio won't accept the code since then.

I got the code from Citroen, (I have had the code from the same dealer before but lost the paper with it on, and it worked in the past so the radio hasn't been re chipped), it just locks me out after entering the code and pushing 6 to enter it.

I have disconnected it from the battery and reconnected it and no joy. If someone can get me music back, I would be most grateful.