Xsara loosing power

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shayneparker

Xsara loosing power

Post by shayneparker »

Hi,

I have a Xsara 2.0 hdi (160k) on a T that keeps loosing power.

It goes allright for a while then the revs stop coming though. Getting up a hill is a challenge!

A mechanic had a quick look but I don't want to spend loads of money because it's a bit tatty and not worth a lot. He suggested it might be the front fuel pump (had the rear one replaced a while ago) I'd have thought that it would cut out alltogether though if it was a fuel pump problem.

Anyone had a similar problem with an HDi?

Cheers

Shayne
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

does the engine management light come on when it lacks power ?
shayneparker

Xsara loosing power

Post by shayneparker »

Well it's on most of the time. It came on about the same time.

Shayne
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Time for some diagnostics Shayne. See what fault codes are stored and have a look at what the engine is up to when running.

A stab in the dark suggests the mass aiflow meter. Before questioning any sensors though, have you checked that all pipework is sound and all electrical connectors around the engine are OK?

Whreabouts in the UK are you? If anywhere reasonably local to me, a free diagnostics session can be yours...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
shayneparker

Xsara

Post by shayneparker »

Thanks Jim,

I'm in Newhaven however. I'll get it into my garage and find out what the fault codes are.

Shayne