Xantia D's ........? what are they all about?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

XantiaMan583 wrote:

Colin are you sure yours is a true ATMO and not the low pressure SD model they did around 96? That had a Bosch pump too, with no intercooler at first glance they look quite similar to a ATMO.
Daft question but how would i be able to tell if it is the low pressure SD model :oops: :oops:
is there anything that gives it away or is it something i have to look really hard to spot :) :)

Have been driving it for the last month and have to say its not as sluggish as i first thought although still not as good as the TD but having filled it up with SVO have been able to be a bit more heavy footed and it is does go quite well and i still have an MPG of about 44 :D :D

Colin
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

The big giveaway will be a turbocharger behind the engine :wink:
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

XantiaMan583 wrote:The big giveaway will be a turbocharger behind the engine :wink:
I knew that was coming :lol: :lol: just thought that as it had no intercooler it may have some extra trunking to identify it without delving below the exhaust etc :) :)

Cant see any trunking out of the ordinary so will have a look for the obvious :lol: :lol:

Any ideas on how mechanically different the versions are ie N/A Low Pressure and TD

Colin