Summer Xantia Drive to Norway

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Summer Xantia Drive to Norway

Post by PicassoPigeon »

Taking my Xantia to Norway in August. We last drove there in 2005 it was great fun and the car did not miss a beat.
We drive from here in Plymouth up to Newcastle then ferry over to Stavanger, then drive to Vågå.

I have an MOT in July but what other things should I be looking out for?
Planning a coolant change in the next few weeks and the oil and filters get done every 3-4 months.
Need some new front tyres and tracking done how easy is the trackrite drive over device?
Thanks for your help.

gav425
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi
125,000 miles
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

cool...Norway 8)

ive never been but have always wanted to go over that way.....

if i was making the trip, a good check over as you are getting done is a good start, filter changes etc.

What else i do where practical is to carry a few spares. stuff like hoses and coolant, aux belts etc. That way you dont get stranded for long on smaller breakdown issues that cant be predicted or necessarily noticed on an MOT check.

I find its also a good thing to do in the uk also as people like the AA dont always have any spares on board and end up just towing you home when you actually intended to go somewhere else :)

Make sure you take loads of pictures and post them up :wink:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Mor'n Mor'n :D

Be sure your tyres are nearly new. I used to live next door, in Sweden and they were s**t hot on tyres, also their criteria are tighter and more stringently applied than ours.

Citroen is less well represented in Scandinavia so vince is right on the money with the suggestion of spares but do have a very thorough check of all hoses and belts, things that if they fail will really spoil your day. I would probably do a full service a month beforehand just to be sure. At least taking the ferry is better than the drive through Europe.

Have a great holiday, it's a beautiful country with very nice people in it.
steviewonder7
My Cars:

Post by steviewonder7 »

I'd love to do that trip on my bike when the weather is not so cold.

I hope you have a great time and good luck.Hope you get some great pics of the views over there.
1994 Xantia 1.9TD sx non anti sink.No aircon.Gone to the great scappy up above.

Now with Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI (90 bhp)(03 plate) in 'Wicked Red'
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hmm, i could be tempted with a drive like that.... wonder what they are like on running on WVO >?

John
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

myglaren wrote: Citroen is less well represented in Scandinavia so vince is right on the money with the suggestion of spares but do have a very thorough check of all hoses and belts, things that if they fail will really spoil your day.
Not so -
Norway is a small population of some 4mill (less than DK pop of 5mill) - thats the very reason for the fewer PSA outlets found. You will certainly find that Citroens and Peugeots are as acommon as in the rest of Europe.

Pricetags on spares may be an issue however :roll:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Things have changed since I was last there then Anders, they used to be like the proverbial hens teeth.

I'm tempted to shuffle off to Sweden myself now I've read this thread.