Xantia estate roof bars info needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

timbo101
My Cars:

Xantia estate roof bars info needed

Post by timbo101 »

Hi all,

Sorry to ask another question but will the xantia estate roof bars for a mk2 fit a mk1 if they both have the tracks in the roof or are they different.
Also they seem so expensive so is there any other way of getting a cheap roof rack to fit my estate car or does anyone know of anywhere except ebay that I could get some please.

Many thanks..Tim
1997 Xantia 2.1 TD SX Estate
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I've not fitted roof bars to a s2 estate, but have many times on/off the s1's.
I'd be very surprised if Citroen took it into it's head to redesign the twin
tracks designed into the roof that the feet of the roofrack fit into - the
facelift was just that - the front grille/bonnet and interior tweaks. They're
very sturdy well designed bars if you use the proper Citroen one's and
worth paying the 40quid on ebay for...

Andrew
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Roof bars are the same for the MK1 and MK2. I have both the OE set and the Thule set, which I reckon are better as they are longer and flat. I bought my roof bars at Halfords and they cost about £40.00 a couple of years ago. I think they were on an offer at the time.

Handyman
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

handyman wrote:Roof bars are the same for the MK1 and MK2. I have both the OE set and the Thule set, which I reckon are better as they are longer and flat. I bought my roof bars at Halfords and they cost about £40.00 a couple of years ago. I think they were on an offer at the time.

Handyman
That is very cheap. I went for some and they were asking £180 for them. Muddled along without. :oops:
timbo101
My Cars:

Post by timbo101 »

Hi All,
Just to let you know I bought some off of ebay, they are brand new but are not original Citroen ones but they work great.
They come with a kit that slots into the roof slots and simply tighten with an allen key. They only cost me £45 including postage and do eveything I need so am now sorted.
Many thanks..Tim
1997 Xantia 2.1 TD SX Estate
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Do not forget to take them off when you are not using them as they cause about a 15% increase in the drag factor and you will see your fuel use rocket!

Handyman, IKBA
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

wilkos car mart

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

timbo,

you can buy at a place called wilkos car mart in and around northants for about £75 a set I save approxamately £50 when i bought mine from there, instead of The Citroen main dealership.

regards Nigel.
toldem_oldham
My Cars:

Post by toldem_oldham »

i bought some citroen ones off ebay for £30 fit perfect for my mk2 xant estate but they were curved so it was tricky when i tried to put plywood on them from b&q would be the same for a roof box,oh and they whislted like mad on the motorway at 70 so they come off on motorway trips
02 c5 2.0 hdi sx estate