2000 - 2003 Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi Checklist

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

willinot

Post by willinot »

Thanks for all the advice so far.

I came across this noted on "Honest John" website. Can anyone shine mor light on this and what model years in particular suffer and is there a fix with an upgraded part etc.

"Was an EU wide problem with clutch of HDIs, but no recent reports of this. What happened was release bearings were failing on average at 30K miles and the hydraulic actuators at approx 70K miles. Both caused significant damage (£700 - £1000) to repair"

It also mentioned the following. Again, how do I know which models have each setup. Im currently looking at the 2000-2003 HDi (preferable exclusive model - for the glass roof)

Problem with Siemens ECU/injection system on 2.0 HDIs (no problem with Bosch ECU/injection system).

Here is a link to the report.
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=64&

Thanks again.

Paul

ps: I looked at two possible purchases over the weekend but they were not as described so Im just gonna keep looking.
Last edited by willinot on 28 May 2008, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I've read that report mentioning the clutch problems before, but the HonestJohn site seems to put that same warning on all cars with HDi engines, and personally I think its exagerating what was probably a very few isolated incidents.
In practice, failure of the clutch or release bearing doesn't seem to affect the HDi any more than any other PSA diesel engine. I think the problem is more to do with the dual mass flywheel fitted on some HDis, which a Picasso 2.0 HDi wont have.

My Xsara (hatch) has recently had a new clutch due to the old one slipping, probably made worse by the fact that mine is remapped to about 135-140 bhp, but the hydraulic actuator is still fine after 75k and the release bearing on the old clutch showed no sign of problems.
willinot

Post by willinot »

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for all the questions but I have searched the net for replies before posting to try and not duplicate as much as possible.

On the features side of things I would like to get a car with cruise control and sunroof.

What type of sunroof are fitted to the Picasso. So far I have seen a glass panoramic roof (does this one open) and a full length sunroof that appears to be made in cloth.

What is the feeling on the roofs available in relation to reliability and leaks. I am replacing a convertible car when I buy the Citroen so like the idea of an open roof but dont want to be letting myself into more problems.

Is cruise control available on the 2001-2003 HDI cars.

Lastly, am I correct in the sunroofs only being on the exclusive model or was it an option across the board.
Paul
(Ireland)
willinot

Post by willinot »

Well I got my picasso.

2001 2.0HDi with full history and 91k.

Everything works well. Its an sx model but with climate control.

Thanks for all the advice.

Ive just got to get the main remote key now and find out how to program it as it only came with one key.
Paul
(Ireland)