hard xantia after new spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

kr1s wrote:Is the antisink the rear middle sphere ? Whats the best way to test this? Surely this cant lead to rock hard front suspension? Doesnt it just stop the car falling when left overnight etc ? (sorry for the barrage of questions!)
Yes, the middle rear sphere is the so-called anti-sink but it is mis-named. In fact it's role is to provide a reserve of pressure for the rear brakes and it's more correct name would be a rear brake accumulator.

It has nothing or very little to do with the car sinking.

No, the anti-sink cannot be the reason for the hard front. No way at all.

A rock hard corner can only really be down to the sphere itself. Where did you obtain your new ones from?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
kr1s
My Cars:

Post by kr1s »

I called the parts supplier (replacement services, huddersfield) and theyre going to do an exchange for me. I may be daft getting them from the same supplier but its the only way I can get them on today.

The ride to work was awful this morning!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

As you've already had the front spheres off changing them can be done by hand in 5 minutes - I'd change them outside the shop if I were you, and then if they're no good you can demand a refund there and then :lol:
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

jgra1 wrote:off topic and one of those 'you had to be there moments'

I was at my local wreckers, (GW bridges - big one on M23) and I was taking some rear hubs/arms from a metro to use for a car trailer (I just wanted the drums I think)

anyway, not knowing anything about pressurised LHM, I cut one of the hydraulic pipes and the damn thing sprayed a poor chap about 10 meters away, with LHM ! He was covered.... was just walking by at the wrong moment... fate I think..

I couldn't really do much but stare in a kind of dispair with a hint of a grin .. I apologised profusely whilst he walked off with green hair and an odd demeanour

'sorry again! ' if you ever read this...

J
:D
steady on there sudgesting a M***O could or dose even use citro blood (LHM), what they actualy use is alcahol based hydralastic fluid
regards malcolm
kr1s
My Cars:

Post by kr1s »

2 new front spheres fitted, the same supplier, the same part numbers and the problem is cured. The xantia floats down the road and I am beaming :D

So anyone reading this thread, if you have a hard sphere its knackered, and if its a new one its a faulty/dodgy part!!

Thanks to all the guys for replying, top notch! \:D/