EGR and Fast Idle electrovalves

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

EGR and Fast Idle electrovalves

Post by MikeT »

What is it with these devices or am I just unlucky? Both valves had failed on my previous Xantia and I've just tested my new Xantia's valves - they're both dead too.

I certainly don't care about the EGR valve fault but wouldn't mind having a normal idle speed therefore I'm happy to fork out for a new valve but not if it's likely to fail prematurely.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

In this country and climate Mike, it is hardly necessary. Save your money 8)

Keep an eye out in the scrapyards for one if you wish but as I say, they're hardly needed.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

citrojim wrote:they're hardly needed.
Maybe I'm being optimistic but the noise difference between fast idle and normal idle is halved IMO and the engine (at least my last Xantia) sounded far less clattery so having a working one is desirable but only if the thing would last!
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: EGR and Fast Idle electrovalves

Post by DickieG »

MikeT wrote:What is it with these devices or am I just unlucky? Both valves had failed on my previous Xantia and I've just tested my new Xantia's valves - they're both dead too.
Have you checked that the vacumn pipes are still connected? If one of them has been pulled off and not plugged then the chances are that neither valve will work. How do I know that? :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
MikeT

Re: EGR and Fast Idle electrovalves

Post by MikeT »

DickieG wrote:
MikeT wrote:What is it with these devices or am I just unlucky? Both valves had failed on my previous Xantia and I've just tested my new Xantia's valves - they're both dead too.
Have you checked that the vacumn pipes are still connected?
I can assure you that all pipes are not still connected Dickie :lol: However, they were all firmly in place before I removed the valves. :wink: