Xantia oil filters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Citroën supply Purflux filters, I just bought one for my V6.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I usually buy a job-lot from GSF every now and again in with a big order. Recently they've been supplying Lautrette Mecafilter, a French one by the looks of it.

They seem fine and the good thing is they fit all variants of XU engines. Not sure if they do the V6 or HDi though.

When you look after four XU engined vehicles, buying a few at a time makes a difference...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Purflux is the way to go. I saw an article some time ago where they dismantled some filters. The cheap ones had little filter media and cheap relief valves and anti-drain flaps.

Purflux had more filter media (as they are taller and the pleats are in zigzag), better relief valve seals and anti drain flaps.

They are worth every penny. I buy them at the local Peugeot dealer (cheaper than the local Citroen dealer).
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)