dashboard light bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

dashboard light bulbs

Post by admiral51 »

hi
can anyone tell me the type of bulbs used on the dash display for a Xantia 1.9td R plate.
i did have a supply source but that has dried up :( :(

cheers in advance

Colin
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

12V - 1.2Watt - type TO5 wedge base (5mm dia)

Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I rarely buy 'em Colin. Rescue them from any similar vintage PSA vehicle at the scrappies if you can. Take the ones that don't light very often and you'll have near-new bulbs.

If you do buy some, go to a factors and buy them in quantity and without the plastic bit attached. Buy them as bare bulbs. Much cheaper that way.

If memory servers me, there are about 25 in all so if you buy them in say, Halfrauds in their fancy packing it works out very expensive.

Test them all and swap all of them if you can as it's such a dockyard job to get the instrument pod out, you don't want to do it more often than absolutely necessary. Even test brand new ones. There is nothing more annoying than putting it all back and finding you still have a bulb out :twisted:

I believe a MK2 has LEDs but cannot swear by that and I don't know if they're interchangable with the MK1. If you can find a MK2 in a scrappy, it might be worth a look.

In any case, make the bulbs live longer by turning the dimmer down a tad. A dim dash is better than a dark dash :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

My mark 2 has bulbs, you can get direct replacement LED's here http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ if you so wish.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a useful site Stempy. Good find :D

I take it the LED bulbs for the dash are the type 286 then?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Yes, I have ordered a couple myself and they seem to fit the holders ok. Just a word of warning that the LED's can be a bit taller than the bulbs so if space is tight then that might cause a problem.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks to one and all looks like for a change i can go shopping tomorrow for something that i will find useful :D :D

Colin