Strut compatability

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Strut compatability

Post by alan s »

Have a friend with a BX TZi with a badly leaking strut but after trying to pull another strut apart, am convinced it's nigh on impossible to strip a strut without doing a massive amount of damage.
I have however, got access to a good strut on a Trs.
Can anyone advise if the struts are interchangeable as in models and also if left and right hand struts are compatable/interchangeable.
(Don't wanna do like I did on the Xantia HA2 where I swapped both struts onlt to discover they were wrong way round) :oops: :roll:

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi Alan
as fare as im aware all BX struts are the same except 4X4s i belive may be differant, but im sure AndersDK will confirm this or not as the case may be
regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Alan,

According to PR.NET, all BX struts are identical. Only one is listed for all variants.

Also, they must be take-apartable as seal repair kits are still available..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sorry Malcolm,

I took a long time making my reply, hence, we ended up saying the same thing!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

We tried taking one apart; not a job for the faint of heart or anyone not using "weapons of mass destruction." :shock:

When we almost had it there, we looked at each other, said "whats the point?" and threw what was left of it into the scrap metal bin, hence the idea of second hand ones. :cry:

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!