Forum Terminology

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

evildiesels
My Cars:

Forum Terminology

Post by evildiesels »

Hi guys, new here and new to Citroens, just wondering if you can clarify a few things I've read and don't understand, feel free to add any thing else in you might think might be unclear to a newbie

Citerobics?? is this multiple raising and lowering of the vehicle via the lever inside??

Off side (no not in soccer etc) (pertaining to a RHD vehicle)

Near side (pertaining to a RHD vehicle)

IIRC (think it may be "If I recall correctly")

:oops:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No worries and welcome!

Yes, it can be a bit confusing!

Citarobics, absolutely correct. Up and down on the suspension to bleed entrained air.

Offside. RHD Drivers side. Right-Hand side of the car when sitting in the drivers seat and looking through the windscreen. Nearside, the opposite, nearest the kerb.

IIRC. Yes, although these internet-speak acronyms are not as much used here as in some forums thankfully.

Another one. "BoL" Book of Lies, the pet name given to the Haynes series of Service and Repair manuals :lol: Some other forums call it the "Joke Book". They're not that bad really, just very incomplete and sparse in some important areas where detail is required.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
evildiesels
My Cars:

Post by evildiesels »

Cheers Jim, makes life a wee bit easier :D
Cpt_Spalding
My Cars:

Post by Cpt_Spalding »

OFFS :roll:

Only kidding :lol:
'98 Xantia 1.9TD Tempt 2 Estate.
Had an M reg long ago as co. car & been curious about owning again ever since.
What have I done????