High pressure pump hose/pipe

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steviewonder7
My Cars:

High pressure pump hose/pipe

Post by steviewonder7 »

Hi Folks,
As I seem to have a leak or two on my hydraulic system I'm looking to replace the hose/pipe that feeds the high pressure pump..the one the cit stealers want loads of wonger for.Now.... I dont have lots of wonger so is it possible,without detrimental effect's, to replace the hose with the silicone variety that generally comes in a multitude of colours/sizes and can be obtained from various performance shops ?
This wouldn't be a temporary measure either,long term hopefully.
If not would that clear braided hose you can obtain from the diy places do as a long term substitute?

Look forward to your reply's

Regards Steve
1994 Xantia 1.9TD sx non anti sink.No aircon.Gone to the great scappy up above.

Now with Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI (90 bhp)(03 plate) in 'Wicked Red'
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

have you tried some where like hosedoctor or hyphose im sure they will have the correct type of pipe and may even be a little cheaper

Colin
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if its not leaking to near either of the ends you might be able to cut the leaking section out and replace it with copper, or any bendable metal pipe of the right diamiter
regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Pleased to see you've successfully logged in again Steve :D Did you see my e-mail explaining what had happened?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I used a piece of clear hose from B&Q (off their Eliza Tinsley stand) to allow me to check for air bubbles. Following this it sat in the garage for over a year with some LHM trapped in it and it's still OK.

Steve.
not applicable
steviewonder7
My Cars:

Post by steviewonder7 »

Thanks to your reply's chaps.
I shall look into those suggestion's.
Malcom-the hose is badly leaking right where there appears to be a join in the original pipe(just below the LHM tank).I may get around it by putting in a piece of solid pipe I obtained yesterday.Its going to be tight :shock: otherwise I've got to look for a new hose of some kind.

steviewonder7
My Cars:

Post by steviewonder7 »

There's one other thing I just remembered and neglected to mention......my regulator(where the accumulator sphere fits to) is making,longer than normal, noises.....its buzz's for longer and louder :shock: is this a sign of it on its last legs :shock: .I renewed the accumulator sphere about two and half months ago.

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you might find your regulater bleed valve ball bearing needs the re/seatting trick applied, i have never attempted this but i belive it dose work,

or the other cause may be your pump is sucking air
regards malcolm