ZX key pad.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gooders
My Cars:

ZX key pad.

Post by gooders »

Hi all.
I need to disconnect the battery on my recently purchased M reg ZX 1.4i Will this have affected the keypad immobiliser when the battery is reconnected or will I need to use a memory saver?
Thanks in advance.
Gooders.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Gooders,

I can't 100% comment for a petrol engine but certainly the keypad on the diesels remember their code for ever and a day, even with battery disconnected and stripped to bits :lol: I have no doubt that it is the same for a petrol.

If you want to be really safe, program a "service" code of say 0000 and then you'll have two bites at it if it all goes horribly wrong.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

could be barking up the wrong tree here but........

i have changed the keypads over from different vehicles (diesel XANTIAS) and its not the keypad that stores the code its somewhere else on the car but as Jim says set in a service code just in case

colin