Xantia Rough Idling/Hunting when first started

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Are any of your injectors leaking?
This caused my old car to do what you described.
Also are you using diesel or veg oil?
Veg oil makes it hapen as well.
coopertron

Post by coopertron »

Hi Elma,

No veg oil as yet (although the diesel prices are making me think about it!). I wasn't going to put any in until this issue was resolved really.

Is there any way to tell the injectors are leaking, without replacing them?.

I guess it will have to be the cheapest bits first, the leak off pipes, possibly some clear hose to check for air bubbles, and then I'll start panicking :P
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

a leak would be obvious, you'd get a wet bit round the leaking injector while the engine was running, if you do have this then nipping them tight makes a big difference.
PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Post by PicassoPigeon »

Is there a part number for the small boost sense pipe? I have been looking on pr-net but cant find anything.

gav425
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi
125,000 miles
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Nor me Gav,

There're nothing special about it. Your local factors will be able to supply a length that will be entirely suitable and at much less cost than Citroen I would guess.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
coopertron

Post by coopertron »

Well, I cut the split part of the pipe off, with the intention of using it as is until I can buy a suitable replacement.

However, a few days after this, my car has now become almost impossible to start. I have launched a new thread for this here -

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight=

So far replaced the leakoff pipes, and changed the diesel filter and put a load of injector cleaner in there as well at the same time.

Will see the result of starting from stone cold in the morning, but not hopeful....