MINT ZX on ebay...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

MINT ZX on ebay...

Post by deian »

Not mine of course, it's a 1993 blue 1.4 still shining from the showroom, 30k miles, and still on it's original tyres apparently. How much do you guys reckon it's worth?

It's item number: 220210865812
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Pictures make it look like it's had a makeover. Front end crash rebuild is my guess. :lol:
deian

Post by deian »

you think? can't it be a genuine one?... why would anyone rebuild a front end crashed one?
rolphy1975
My Cars:

Post by rolphy1975 »

certainly looks and reads up as a genuine motor, bloody good condition aswell. if it has been serviced at right times should be a good motor even if it has had a clutch burning first and second gear driver for its lifetime. :lol:
megane 1.6e rt 1998
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

This ones mint as well ...what a shame it's not a TD & mine :roll:

ZX 1.4 SX ESTATE...31000 GENUINE MILES
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITROEN-ZX-1-4-SX ... dZViewItem

I honestly thought about biding on it with the view to do an engine swap etc, if I got it....but I think that's a bit silly really.
Last edited by uncle buck on 17 Mar 2008, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Nice car and yes shame its not a TD or even a 1.9D, 1.4 wont be too bad on fuel especially as petrol is almost 10p a litre cheaper in places, i would have concerns if it was ever used to its potential as an estate although its a willing engine.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
N_CURTIS
My Cars:

Post by N_CURTIS »

Amazing what pops up on the bay now and then.

That blue one does look a bit of a timewarp car, I see it's up to nearly £1200 too!

No sign of rust on the inner wings either.......

The green estate looks like a nice tool also. The seller has some not so good feedback though.

On a slightly smaller scale I've just bought a brand new set of genuine fitted carpet mats for my ZX off ebay for £20 :D
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

For me the appeal of a ZX is all about their diesel engines.. I simply would not want a petrol powered one.. There are thousands of petrol powered cars around of all makes and sizes.. But the ZX diesel is in a class of its own.. :D

In my opinion, the ZX 1.9D diesel auto is unique, no other auto of that size comes anywhere near it for mpg.. In fact, I have yet to find any automatic that can come even close.

Maybe the new Diesel Golf auto is a contender? but I have not seen any specs on that yet, or managed to try one out. :roll: But -- The passat-Audi auto boxes are proving rather unreliable, and hugely expensive to repair... :(

But a petrol ZX?? why would you want one?
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

deian wrote:you think? can't it be a genuine one?... why would anyone rebuild a front end crashed one?
I'm being cynical. :lol: All the tyres and black plastic have been dressed and the engine bay looks showroom - as if it's never been driven, yet it's supposedly covered tens of thousands of miles? Even inside the wings/wheelarches looks far too clean. The front end looks like it just came off the production line, immaculate. Whereas inside the boot, the paint looks dull and scratched/chipped. Maybe it's the pictures but that's my guess from what I see.
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

the green one is in Takeley, I've been in a sewer there!
French car free zone....
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

The photos of the estate car seem to contain one pic of a Mercedes interior?? duhh.. :roll: See pic 7.. it appears to have diff dash, door trims and leather seats? lol..
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
bigjl2
My Cars:

Post by bigjl2 »

I wouldn't have thought anybody would have repaired a car of this value, to make the underbonnet area that clean after a front end repair would take lots of labour, and therefore expense, could understand if it was worth 10 grand, but can't see this breaking £1500, so can't see somebody bothering. I bought the wife a hyundai accent at the auction that had only covered 47000 miles in 10 years and was as clean as that under the bonnet, it had been garaged and only used locally, it's a 1.3 auto with power steering, and returns 50 mpg, and no I didn't believe it till I used it recently, as my xantia is still off the road, ahving said that my xantia has done 103k and is cleaner under the bonnet than it is inside.
Had a look at his feedback, one negative was from somebody with loads of neg and now left ebay, the other neg is a typical ebay feedback of somebody that wants everything for nothing and then when the bargain buy from an auction(sold as seen) they wonder why it is not in the condition as a car on a forecourt, simple it is cheaper, had similiar when selling a cheap focus diesel estate, he wanted a 52 plate car for £2000 to be in retail condition, when it would have a price of £4000, I just told him not to bother, as I would rather keep my feedback and keep the car, and simply sell it to somebody else that understands the concept of you get what you pay for. Think you can tell I have had one of those weeks :shock: .
Xantia 2.0SX estate (now sold)
Xantia 1.9 TD SX hatch 102K (all old MOT'S) and working A/C.(Sold to forum member, time to save for a C5)
2007 Berlingo Multispace 1.4i Forte, bought in November with genuine 27k miles, now on 39799 miles.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Back along my father had a 1989 Ford Fiesta from brand new that he looked after like a baby. In 2003 it had 50,000 miles on the clock and looked as immaculate as the ZX in question. He had always garaged it and it looked perfect in every way except for two things: The boot was scratched somewhat where he had used the boot for it's intended purpose of carrying rough loads like engines and secondly it was developing a nasty case of near-terminal rust in the nether regions that was not readily apparant to the casual eye.

It too smelt just like a new car and was full of all the period accessories in perfect condition.

It could have gone on to eBay and looked every inch the ZX we are now looking at.

Dad gave it to me and I turned it into a Pug 205GTi and gave Dad a nice, tidy Pug 205 Diesel that whilst not quite so immaculate was (and still is) totally solid body-wise.

So, I think the ZX is a genuine elderly gents car, looked after the way they often do but it would be a wise buyer who looked for the old tin-worms before shelling out. Age, relatively little use and always garaged is not necessarily a good thing.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

He's got it listed for £1300 now... :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0215048748

Sorry but a 15 year old bottom of the range ZX might be worth half that on a very good day, low mileage or not.

Still ebay is full of dreamers and nutters - somebody will probably stump up the asking price. :roll: