Xantia - rear seatbelts mkII

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've just looked at my MKII Activa and the centre lap belt is totally conventional and lies in an untidy mess on the back seat whereas on my MKI it stows neatly in an inertia reel. What a retrograde step :( The MKII seat does have a clip to stow the centre lap belt tidily when not in use on top of the squab but it's impossible to train the kids to use it :lol:

The buckles for the outer rear belts are again totally conventianal and are attached to webbing straps that fold down behind the bench and anchor to the bolts in a very similar way to the MKI although the MKII webbing straps are very much longer.

You are going to need a MKII lap belt and a set of MKII buckles to use the seats properly as the MKII bench will be lacking the cutouts that accommodate the centre inertia reel and buckles when they are not in use.

I never appreciated the significant difference until your post prompted me to take a look!

Another reason for my view that the MKI is a far better car in so many ways.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
André Citroën

Post by André Citroën »

citrojim wrote: Another reason for my view that the MKI is a far better car in so many ways.
Off topic.
the MK I looks also better than MK II