Radio Code Number

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mikep
My Cars:

Radio Code Number

Post by mikep »

Can anybody help me get my radio back on ? I have what I think is the code --3959--yet if I follow the book instructions I have to use the numbers on the console and they are only 1-6, so how do I put the 9 in ?
or do they mean the start number panel ?
mikep

Citroen Xantia auto sx 1996
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi mikep
if memory serves me well you press buttons 1-4 on the radio (station presets) the number of times required to bring up the number you want
in your case
button 1 3 times
button 2 9 times
button 3 5 times
button 4 9 times
not sure what button next to accept code probably 6 but could be wrong

hope this helps

colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

6 it is :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mikep
My Cars:

Post by mikep »

thanks guys I'll try it tomorrow
mikep

Citroen Xantia auto sx 1996
moresthepity

radio code

Post by moresthepity »

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows how I can crack the code for the radio on the xsara iv just got?? thanks
James
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

James,

Go to your local Citroen dealer, if it is the original set they will have it on record. All dealers should have access to this data not just the one that supplied it. You may need to prove ownership of the car ( logbook etc ) and will need to supply Reg. No as a minimum. Whole process takes less than a minute. Best to go in person as many can't be bothered if you enquire over the phone.

ps. You have to hope though that none of the previous owners have changed it.

Gammy
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

radio code

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

If the previous owner has changed the code the stereo can be reset but it has to be removed and sent away, it will come back with a new code and a sticker on the side with a citroen code to order a new code if that code is lost. confused? i was.

£15 for the inital new code reprogramming cost around£50 at amain dealership.

regards Nigel