Goodbye

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cpt_Spalding
My Cars:

Goodbye

Post by Cpt_Spalding »

Never say never but I believe my Xantia days are over. Crying or Very sad

Goodbye to the Citroen forum & hello to the Mondeo forum. No it doesn't handle as well as the Xantia & I can't run it on products from supermarket shelves. It doesn't have the Xantia's good looks either.

Wish I'd spent more time & read this forum before I bought it as I've no doubt I'd have bought a better one than I did.

On the +ve side, I won't miss the headlights (wow it's night & day compared to the Mondeo), or the niggling worries about the hydraulic system (prob more of my car than Xantias in general, before I get a flood of raging owners on my back Wink ).

Enjoying my motoring again. Cheers & thanks for the handy hints & advice over the last few months. Good forum.
'98 Xantia 1.9TD Tempt 2 Estate.
Had an M reg long ago as co. car & been curious about owning again ever since.
What have I done????
Cpt_Spalding
My Cars:

Re: Goodbye

Post by Cpt_Spalding »

Cpt_Spalding wrote: Crying or Very sad

Wink
Lol. S'wot happens to your emoticons when you stick your post in the wrong forum then copy & paste the contents to a new post.
'98 Xantia 1.9TD Tempt 2 Estate.
Had an M reg long ago as co. car & been curious about owning again ever since.
What have I done????
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It's been good having you on the forum Cap'n :D

So long and all the best with the Mondie but remember a lyric from the Eagles Hotel California...

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"

So, we'll see you on here when you get your next Xantia :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

bye cap'n

may you come back to these shores again one day :)

John
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Goodbye

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Cpt_Spalding wrote:Never say never but I believe my Xantia days are over. Crying or Very sad

Goodbye to the Citroen forum & hello to the Mondeo forum. No it doesn't handle as well as the Xantia & I can't run it on products from supermarket shelves. It doesn't have the Xantia's good looks either.

Wish I'd spent more time & read this forum before I bought it as I've no doubt I'd have bought a better one than I did.

On the +ve side, I won't miss the headlights (wow it's night & day compared to the Mondeo), or the niggling worries about the hydraulic system (prob more of my car than Xantias in general, before I get a flood of raging owners on my back Wink ).

Enjoying my motoring again. Cheers & thanks for the handy hints & advice over the last few months. Good forum.
In the first paragraph I got the impression that Cpt_Spalding does not LHM (like his Mondeo)

Sorry Cpt_Spalding couldn't resist a green pun.

Here's hoping you return to the fold soon from your Fix Or Repair Daily venture. :wink:

You will be missed!

Edit

Note:- tried doing green in green but it did not look green !
So cyan to it had to be.
Last edited by ACTIVE8 on 28 Feb 2008, 16:46, edited 2 times in total.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

You'll be back! Mondeo is not built as well, is more expensive to run and has less character than a Xantia. I had a 2.0SI for a week, hated it, sold it, bought the Xantia, the rest is history, although i did get a good un. Good luck with it!
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Citroens are like a woman, they consume most of your time, dry your wallet and when you say "That's it, we are thru!" you end up giving it one more chance. The point is, you can't live without your Citroen. There is no car out there that combines performance, hi tech and looks.

Anyway, good luck in your new journey!
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

You'll soon be bored with a Ford.... see you soon
Never say never but I believe my Xantia days are over. Crying or Very sad

R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj