Remote central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nat-b
My Cars:

Post by nat-b »

To Fox.
I had nearly a full tank at the start, where the needle was above the 'full' mark. After a day idleing, the needle was just below the full mark, so it didn't use very much.
Regarding security, do you have another key? that way you could lock it (and most importantly, unlock it!).
Regarding security, for miself, I just left it right outside the widow of my office, which has security cameras too. I also reckon that a 1.9 TD xantia is not prime joy-riding material... ;) Quite frankly, I hope someone nicks it!
I am still trying to find the central locking control unit - dismantled the drivers door (RHS as in UK and read some suggestions on this board that's where it was) but no joy - busted some of the plastic clips - ripped the foam - gotta repair that now - bugger.
Regarding the drying again, my carpets/faom had about two days worth of good heating/drying and when I came to put them back today, I could still get a little bit of water out if I squeezed really hard in places, so I toasted it up with a heat gun - kept squeezing and heating - squeezing and heating, since the water seems to get trapped deep in the foam so drying the surface doesn't get it all out. I reckon it will take a while to dry out completely, but I guess (hope) that will happen naturally now it is 99% dry.
I have some comments regarding carpet removal, but I'll post in your new topic.
Cheers,
Nat