xantia cam belt shopping list

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

graham593192

xantia cam belt shopping list

Post by graham593192 »

I'm planning on changing my cambet and aux belt over the weekend as I'm not sure if the previous owner had them changed and the cars done 90k now.

Just trying to get together a list of part I need to buy. Obvously I need the belts, the bol recomends I need to change the water pump at the same time but what else should I change? Do I need to chang the tensioners?

A complete shopping list would be ideal. Plan to get the bits fro gsf or euro carparts depending who's cheapest and has them in stock.
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

GSF do a cambelt kit that includes the tensioners…but I’m sure I have read that depending on what car it’s for it sometimes works out cheaper to buy the item separately.
Changing the tensioners is now recommended but when I recently changed the belt on my TD it was just the belt….I examined the tensioners & they appeared fine….smooth in operation with no play on them….but then again, I changed the belt because of its age not the mileage it had covered!

The water pump is often changed when doing the cambelt to save the hassle of having to do the job all over again if the pump starts to go.

It’s also a good idea to change the camshaft & crankshaft oil seals when doing the belt (well I did) GSF stock them for a few quid each.

Regards
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Remember the coolant to go with the water pump.
Also the aux belt tensioner sometimes needs replacing, not done myself but be aware it does fail. Someone whos been down there will elaborate.
Let us know how it goes, I gotta do a cambelt and water pump on mine soon.