Xantia VSX Heater Problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Carlos

Xantia VSX Heater Problems

Post by Carlos »

I drive a Xantia VSX 16V (N Plate - 1995)
Generally left the heater setting on 'Auto' & '22'. Occasionally had to change setting to 'Max' to clear windscreen in the morning, but the 'Climate control' generally kept things 'just right'!
Recently I've been having all sorts of fun & games! Firstly the heater stopped working completely, regardless of how settings were changed. Then within a matter of days 'smoke' started coming through air vents when 'Temp' settings were set to anything other than 'Cool'
I removed the 'Heater Blower' fuse & took to a local (non-Citroen garage)& asked them to sort it. I assumed it was just a case of the Heater Fan Motor overheating due to wiring problems
They're now telling me I need a new Heater Fan Motor (£100+) & also a new Heater Unit Facia which they've been told contains all the climate control sensors? (£250+)
Apologies for my non-technical explanation, I'm no mechanic, but am hoping one of you good people out there can advise if this diagnosis is right
I'd also be interested of any recommendations of garages/mechanics in the Norwich area
Thanks for your help