Hydraulic Pressure Regulators

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

reservex
My Cars:

Hydraulic Pressure Regulators

Post by reservex »

There appears that there is more than one type of pressure regulator for the Xantia, does anyone know the differences,
Thanks
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i belive the main differance is the type of pipe conection, one has coventional citroen type end (useing pipe seal) the other is like a non citroen car brake pipe flare (bell/dome end)
regards malcolm
slim123

Post by slim123 »

There are 3 x main differences, these are,

Early Xantia, = same as a BX this car also uses a flow valve, pre anti sink and with a 2 pipe pump fitted.

Later type = No flow valve, anti sink fitted, 3 pipe pump fitted.

Very late type, approx 1998 onwards = looks the same as the later type but the thread for the 6.3mm pipe is m12 x 1 very fine thread, also does not use the standard Citroen seal for the 6.35 pipe.

Now there can also be a couple of variations to all of the above, where the return pipe spout is facing the oppisite way.

Regards
Slim.
flygirl767

Post by flygirl767 »

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Ye of little faith. I anwered this on your original post in early February - lol
Michelle
reservex
My Cars:

Post by reservex »

Sorry Michelle, i have just recieved a replacement part and thought i had got the wrong one, as some pics i have seen don't look like the one i have! I got under the beast today and had a good look at the piping and looks the same, the only thing bothering me now is that the thread pitch is going to be the same on the feed pipe con. I got the replacement off a R reg saloon 19TD mines a T reg estate 19td so am thinking it'll be OK X
slim123

Post by slim123 »

The R reg would most probabaly have the standard M12 X 1.25 Thread, with a standard Citroen type pipe and seal set up.

The T reg will definatly be the fine thread type M12 X 1 using the different pipe end without the rubber seal.

Unless it is a very very late R reg.

Fingers crossed, but check the thread first, if it dont start easy, dont force it as it's wrong.

Regards
Slim.