ZX Clutch Cable / Clutch.. Replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

killie77
My Cars:

ZX Clutch Cable / Clutch.. Replacement

Post by killie77 »

Hi
I'm Debating whether to change the Clutch Cable on my ZX I'm almost sure its going That or the Clutch pressure plates on it's way out.
What I was wondering was would it be better to have The Clutch assembly and Cable changed at the same time at a Clutch Centre. Or could I go Mad and try and do the whole thing myself :shock:
Xsara 1.9TD X 88000 Miles
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

What's up with it?

If it's heavy, then changing the cable is worth a go, but may not improve it that much. Changing ths cable is not too bad, apart from getting to the pedal clip, and getting the new cable back in the bulkhead (you will struggle to do it on your own!

If changing the clutch is required, it shouldn't be too bad on a 1.9D - you don't have to deal with the pull clutch for a start. It's much easier with a mate and an overhead lift of some sort, but providing you have a modicum of mechanical skill and good range of tools, easy enough if you just work steadily. Haynes gives a pretty good account, but you will need a 35mm socket and breaker bar, and various other slightly obscure tools....
Richard W
killie77
My Cars:

Post by killie77 »

Hi Richard
Thanks for the Reply.
Since I've had the Car about a Month now. The gear change has felt a bit gritty when the Car is warm it's hard to engage Reverse without crunching the Gear. The other day I sprayed the linkages near the Clutch operating arm and the gears seem slightly easier also doesn't crunch going in to reverse at the moment anyway.
So I'm not sure what to do ? I was going to change the Gearbox Oil when I can.
Regards
Ian.H
Xsara 1.9TD X 88000 Miles