Xantia Anti Sink Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sads13

Xantia Anti Sink Problem

Post by sads13 »

Hi, ive got a 1999 1.8 16v stateside which has a problem!! When the car is started, after about a 10 sec delay, both front and rear drop to the floor! STOP light comes on an car slowly pumps upto correct height! While the STOP light is on breaks are non exsistent and steering slighty heavy!! When at correct height STOP light goes out and everything as it should be!!

Also, with engine off, sitting in the boot, the car doesnt correct the change in height! It does if the engine is running!!

Im guessing this is probably a rear anti-sink sphere problem????

If so any pointers as to where i can find instructions on how to change!!

Thanks

Sads
sads13

Sorry forgot to add

Post by sads13 »

Hi, the car DOESNT sink with engine off, eg over night, stays up where it should be!!
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Sounds more like the accumulator on the front to me, how often does the regulator click?
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

it sounds as though the accumulator sphere is on its last legs :( :(

there are posts on the forum about the anti sink sphere which in effect is really a rear brake acc sphere
when you start car pressure valve opens and rear will sink until pressure is equalised and then rise to normal ride hieght (may need extra help here Jim :oops: )

the boot test will show how good the main acc sphere is/isnt it should hold enough reserve of pressure to correct the change in wieght at least once when engine switched off.

how many seconds between clicks/ticks from the acc sphere anything less than 20 secs is probably a bit iffy. have the filters been cleaned in the LHM tank this can make a big difference

search for LHM filters and acc sphere on here lots of posts

the steering will be naff until pressure in brake system is up to safe levels as system has preferencial settings to lose steering and suspension before it loses braking

colin
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

well Colin most of what you say is correct, appart from steering (if we are talking XANTIA ), as xantia steering on a 1999 xantia is fed straight from the pump and dose not go through the priority valve
regardas malcolm
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

citronut wrote:well Colin most of what you say is correct, appart from steering (if we are talking XANTIA ), as xantia steering on a 1999 xantia is fed straight from the pump and dose not go through the priority valve
regardas malcolm
i hold my hands up i got confused with my 1994 early xantia :oops: :oops:

colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...