Do I keep my Xantia or replace it?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Should I scrap my Xantia or press on with it?

Scrap it and buy a Bx or Xm
No votes
Get that car back on the road you crazy fool
No votes

Total votes: 0

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Craig welcome back!!!!!

i think you should keep it cos you have over estimated the number of front wings you need :) :) :)
i have n/s wing nice and warm in loft correct colour no rust....................................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously though if you trust it enough to drive as a daily drive over a "new" car then thats what counts

colin
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

admiral51 wrote:Hi Craig welcome back!!!!!

i think you should keep it cos you have over estimated the number of front wings you need :) :) :)
i have n/s wing nice and warm in loft correct colour no rust....................................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Colin, hows your bargain Xant going well I hope?

The previous owner had a problem judging Xantias and gaps. Hence all four corners of the bumpers have deep gouges & scuffs in them. The rear bumper has a very deep gouge on the N/S. The N/S front wing is crumpled right on the flair of the arch and its beyond valuable repair. The O.S wing has a deep dent right behind the indicator (I have pushed it out for now) if you study the picture close.

I am due some time off in 2-3 months so I will arrange to meet up with you to buy the wing and have a good natter about Citroens :roll: :lol:

Thanks for keeping the wing in the loft :)

Cheers - Craig.
Last edited by Sturdybloke on 25 Jan 2008, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Craig
the bargain is going strong did a 1000mile round trip to scotland over christmas 2 adults 1 kid and a dog and it turnerd in 46.8mpg not bad for a non turbo :D :D

had problems with my 1994 took it wading in deep water and seems to have got a tad too much water in air intake :lol: :lol:

scrapped it now got a F$$D to use for work and even that has electrical problems :( :( but for £200 what do you expect :) :)

i told you it was going to be safe and dry up in the loft....ready as and when :P

colin
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Do I keep my Xantia or replace it?

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi Sturdybloke,
My car that is up for sale in this hallowed site is well worth a look. I am dropping the price because the garage I rent off council is costing me nearly £30 a month. Car has been in there since October, when I bought it back from MOT. That is £90, so I need to sell car, so I can give garage up. I have no where else to keep it, so it has to go.
So I will accept £350,- fot that you are getting a great condition car, with only 95000 miles on clock. See VSX 16v, 2 litre for sale in the For Sale section. Will put the amended price in the posting.
Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS