Help needed - tidying bits up!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

the-fat-controller

Help needed - tidying bits up!

Post by the-fat-controller »

Just bought an S plate Xant 1.9TD LX, with 116000 on the clock, but it has a couple of annoying faults I would like some assistance to sort out.

The lights in the centre console (the ones behind the right hand side of the radio, all the heater controls and the cigarette lighter), are all out. In addition, the cigarette lighter itself is not working.

The fag lighter is very important, as I use it to power my scanner!! I also use it for powering an inverter to run a laptop.

Also, the remote plip is not working - think it's an RF one as there's no little black IR receiver on the roof lining? The button "tops" are also missing on the plip, so I MAY have to buy a new one off fleabay.

So for starters, any ideas on the causes of the lights being out, any suggestions for the fag lighter?(Is it on the same fuse or supply as the lights?) and any advice how to re-programme the plip?

Thanks very much in advance,
regards,
Lee.
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

Hi,
I'm afraid I cant help with the center console lights or the cigarette lighter issue as I don't have a Xantia but I'm sure someone else will be able to advise.

You can find instruction of how to program your plip at this link...I've never used them so I don't know if they are correct or not but they may be worth a go.
http://www.programyourkeys.com/Citroen_ ... mming.html

Regards, UB
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer