C5 HPI Est 2002 Emissions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

birstall

Post by birstall »

OK so I've progressed to the point now where I've found that I'll also need to remove the clamp that holds the connecting pipe onto the side connection of the ERV.

The original clamp is a V type clamp (see picture).

I've obtained a replacement clamp from the dealer (see second picture). The replacement part has a screw fixing instead of the original type of clamping arrangement.

The clamp cost about a tenner (bit expensive, I thought). I've also ordered a gasket for the front face for about 50p.

Funny that they had the clamp in stock, but they don't have the gasket or the valve. Does somebody know something?

I'll have another go at the job on Saturday if circumstances permit.

Have already got some de-carb stuff and I'm itching to go!
Current: C5 HDI Exclusive Saloon
Past : C5 HPI Exclusive Saloon
C5 HPI Exclusive Est
Xantia 1.9TD VSX
BX 1.7 TZD
birstall

Post by birstall »

Update:

I found out that you need to take the inlet manifold off to remove the EGR valve.

Did this, got the valve out and did a bit of compulsive dismantling!

Decarbed the valve, inlet manifold and air inlet valve.

Seems to me that the mechanics of the valve itself were OK and the problem is more likely to be in the Sagem component which you can see in a previous picture. I managed to resist my urge to break into this as it is a sealed unit!

After re-assembly, went for a 20 mile run and the engine was definitely much smoother.

On the second outing, the fault light returned and it seems that the fault is still present. Presumably the improvement in the engine is due to the extensive decarbing I did.

I now suspect the EGR sensor: does anybody have any information on this?
Current: C5 HDI Exclusive Saloon
Past : C5 HPI Exclusive Saloon
C5 HPI Exclusive Est
Xantia 1.9TD VSX
BX 1.7 TZD