ZX Couple of Questions ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

killie77
My Cars:

ZX Couple of Questions ?

Post by killie77 »

Hi
Don't have a Handbook or Manual for my 1995 1.9D Estate
have a warning light on the Dashboard right hand side Amber in colour Looks a bit like a letter F usually goes out couple of seconds after start up.
but recently been staying on a bit longer flashes for about 30 secs then goes out. ?
The other thing The Sunroof again refuses now to tilt up has never slid back since I got the Car but now does nothing except make noises. Is their a way to get in to the workings o f it, Perhaps using A key to manually slide it open
?
Last question. Dashboard lights they come on go off as they see fit.
If i give the Dash a Bang their on hit a bump their off. what would be my best way to get to wherever the loose connection is ?
Thanks
for any replies
Regards
Ian.H
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi, the F will be an oil level low light...

Think its supposed to ;look like a dipstick
John
killie77
My Cars:

Post by killie77 »

Hi
Thanks for the Info
Changed the Oil the other day. Will have to check the level again
Regards
Ian.H
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think the oil level pickup is in he middle of the car as it were - which is of course at the end of the engine. This means that it is rather sensitive to the any slope on which the car is standing - and if you park on the offside of the road the oil runs to the other end of the engine.
jeremy
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

If the oil level light is anything like the Xantia one, they seem very sensitive to the use of synthetic and semi-synthetic oil and will often cry wolf when restarting a hot engine. I guess the oil is very thin and it gets the sensor confused.

They seem to work well enough on ordinary mineral oil though.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
killie77
My Cars:

Post by killie77 »

Hi
Think I might have put Semi Synth in. never had the Problem before I changed the Oil. will keep an eye on the level
Thanks again
Ian.H
mrbump
My Cars:

Post by mrbump »

The oil pressure switch is on the back of the block, and the level switch on the front i think. The level switch has got a white base. Try taking it out and giving it a soak in petrol if the level seems ok otherwise.

The dash lights are probably controlled by a rheostat on the dash, its a littkle rotary wheel thats sets the brightness of the bulbs in the binnacle. You can tey turning it a few times either way to get the lights to come on or just keep banging the dash! Alternatively, it can be bypassed (take it out) and you will get full 12v to the lights at all times.

Not sure about the sunroof, they usually last pretty well. There is maybe a plastic cog that has past its best and lost its teeth. You can access the mechanism from behind the interior light/plip moduel. Best thing to do is just to replace the whole mechanism (sans motor) with one from the scrappy. Maybe a fiver?

Greg
Citroen ZXTD Volcane VNTGE (Gasket Eater)
killie77
My Cars:

Post by killie77 »

Hi
Thanks for the Info regarding the Sunroof & Lights
I will try to get the Allen Key in to the Sunroof see if I can get it to slide back and forward,
The rheostat on the lights works but only have a few bulbs lit so may have to get behind the dash eventually.
Thanks again
Ian.H